Clionadh Luna Powder Highlighter ($12.50 for 0.21 oz.) is a bright, almost silvery-tinged, white with an intense, metallic finish. It had nearly opaque color coverage in a single layer, which applied better over more mattified skin (whether that was set with powder or more naturally matte) as it seemed more prone to looking caky otherwise. The consistency felt smooth, lightly creamy, and finely-milled but slightly thicker overall. The shine and metallic finish didn’t seem to accentuate my skin’s natural texture. It wore well for eight and a half hours before fading visibly.
FURTHER READING: Formula Overview for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- Anastasia Luna (PiP, ) is darker, warmer (95% similar).
- Anastasia Snow (LE, ) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Makeup by Mario Quartz (P, $24.00) is darker, warmer (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Moonlit Violet Highlight (LE, ) is less shimmery, warmer (90% similar).
- Makeup Revolution Liquid Luminous Luna (P, $9.00) is less shimmery, darker, warmer (90% similar).
- MAC Let It Glow (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Colour Pop S’il Vous Play (P, $8.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Wet ‘n’ Wild Glow Watcher (LE, $4.99) is less shimmery, lighter (90% similar).
- Catrice Icy Glaze (P, $6.99) is less shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- MAC Glitzed Out (LE, $37.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
$12.50/0.21 oz. – $59.52 Per Ounce
There’s not much that describes the formula other than it has a “soft, buildable application.” They tended to be quite pigmented–semi-opaque to fully opaque–with soft, smoother textures that weren’t too dense nor too softly-pressed into the pan. For sheerer or more buildable application, I’d highly recommend using a lighter hand a less-dense brush to do so.
The texture was typically smooth, slightly dense and a bit thicker than most powder highlighters on the market, so they often needed to be really buffed and diffused on the skin. The finishes were often more intense, leaning toward metallic, and occasionally, they emphasized my skin’s natural texture when worn at higher coverage levels. They wore between eight and nine hours on me for the most part.
Browse all of our Clionadh Powder Highlighter swatches.
Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Tin Oxide, Iron Oxides, +/- Ultramarines, +/- Chromium Oxide Green, +/- Ferric Ferrocyanide, +/- Bismuth Oxychloride, +/- Manganese Violet, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Carbonate, Kaolin, Silica, Allantoin, Magnesium Stearate, Isopropyl Myristate, Caprylic/ Capric Triglyceride, Dimethicone
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!